Welcome to our practice – before you come in for your first appointment, we want to give you some information on our practice’s fees and insurance policies.
If you’re already covered by one of the providers on this page, you won’t need to call us before your appointment or get paperwork from another doctor. You’re welcome to make an appointment, but if you need emergency care our Rockville, MD location is available to see you.
Call (301) 519-0902 now for more information about fees and insurance.
We accept the following insurance plans:
Uniformed Services Health Plan
*For starred insurance providers, a referral from your primary care doctor is needed before your visit to our office.
Coming Soon: Meritus Health and Humana
What to bring to your appointment:
- Valid state or federal government-issued photo identification card such
a. Driver’s license
- Current valid insurance card
- Credit card or cash
Welcome to our urgent care center. Please familiarize yourself with our office billing policies and before your appointment. Having a clear understanding of our policies can help you avoid any confusion during and after your visit to our urgent care facility.
Our philosophy is that our patients are our foremost concern. This is why we are asking you to become familiar with our office policies on insurance coverage:
- Our relationship is with you, our patient, while you have a relationship with your insurance company, either directly or through your employer
- It is your responsibility to understand the terms of your insurance coverage
- Although Physicians Now may estimate what your insurance company may pay, it is your insurance provider that makes the final determination of eligibility
- Before your appointment, it is your responsibility to obtain any referral and/or pre-authorization that is required by your insurance company
- Physicians Now cannot accept the responsibility of collecting all insurance payments or negotiating the settlement of disputed claims
- You agree to pay any portion of charges not covered by insurance
You are required to bring with you a valid insurance card. Our receptionist will verify your benefits* (deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurance) to the best of our ability via internet or phone. Co-payments are required at time registration. All balances from prior visit(s) are due and payable prior to scheduling any new visits. If your policy contains a deductible, payment of your share of the visit is required at time of discharge. We will submit your claim directly to your insurance company and accept assignment of payment on your behalf. If our insurance claim is denied, you will be financially responsible for services rendered. You will also be responsible for healthcare services not covered by your insurance company. *Please note verification of benefits is not a guarantee of benefits and/or payment.
Your credit card on file will be charged** for any additional unpaid services as per your insurance company’s Explanation of Benefits (EOB). Your credit card on file will be charged** if your insurance company delays payment by more than 90 days. **Declined transaction/closed account: $50 penalty will be added to all accounts if no alternative payment is provided.
- Payment of unpaid balance(s) on your account is required at registration
- Payment in full for visit charges is required at discharge
- Physicians Now will provide a receipt showing charges for services rendered including payment you have made at time of service.
- Physicians Now will submit a claim to your insurance company r on your behalf.
- Payment of the claim will be according to the terms of contract between you and your insurance company
Cash Pay Patients
We offer a cash pay discount to our cash pay patients. All payments are due at time of service prior to departure from our facility. Furthermore, payment in full is due and collected for any outstanding balances prior to scheduling a new visit with our healthcare provider.
Forms of Payment
- We accept cash, debit cards, and most major credit cards. We do not accept American Express
- We do NOT accept personal checks
Unpaid balances may be subject to a fee and may be referred to a collections agency. In accordance with Maryland law, these balances may also be referred to the District Attorney.
Payment is due on receipt of your statement. Any payment not received within 30 days of the statement issue date will be considered past due. All past due accounts may be subject to a monthly late fee and finance charges calculated as a percentage of the balance. All accounts not paid within 90 days will be referred to a professional collection agency and/or attorney
If an account is processed by a third party collection agency or a “past due” status is reported to a credit bureau, a record of your visit to Physicians Now may become public record
We reserve the right to deny treatment to those whom do not comply with our financial policies.